Early Arrival To KSC For Endeavour Astronauts
The six astronauts for space shuttle Endeavour’s STS-134 mission are on their way from NASA’s Johnson Space Center in Houston to Kennedy Space Center in Florida, slightly ahead of schedule. The crew is coming to Kennedy for the standard launch dress rehearsal known as the Terminal Countdown Demonstration Test (TCDT) and related training.
The crew originally had been expected to arrive at about 7 p.m. EDT and now are set to arrive at Kennedy’s Shuttle Landing Facility at about 5:15 p.m. The arrival will be carried live on NASA Television (www.nasa.gov/ntv).
TCDT will provide Endeavour’s astronauts and ground crews with an opportunity to participate in various simulated countdown activities, including equipment familiarization and emergency training.
Launch of Endeavour on the STS-134 mission to the International Space Station is targeted for 7:48 p.m. EDT April 19.
More Space News:
- Severe Weather Curtails Launch Pad Activity
- NASA Opens Voting For Original Sons To Awaken Next Shuttle Crew
- NASA To Release First Orbital Image of Mercury’s Surface Today
- Endeavour Payload Installation Begins Today
- NASA Releases First HD Video Of Solid Rocket Boost…
- Launch Pad 39A Resumes Processing Operations Today…
- Shuttle Worker Falls To His Death
- Gabrielle Giffords To Attend Endeavour Launch