1. Tournament will be held on Saturday, April 28th 2012. This is a one-day tournament. In case of unfishable weather, the tournament will be called and the guaranteed prize money will be given away through random drawings of legally registered participants that entered through select VERIZON Wireless Retail Locations prior to Thursday, April 26th 2012 at 5pm and been assigned a boat number at the Captain’s Meeting. All winner’s and contestants must be present prior to the start of awards ceremony to be eligible to win prizes. The awards ceremony will start immediately after weigh in closes and results are tabulated.
2. Tournament is open to ALL Saltwater-fishing enthusiasts. Recreation bag limits apply. All anglers are responsible for meeting all Federal and State regulations on size minimums and bag limits on all species. All fish entered in the Tournament must be caught on hook and line on the day of the tournament, after 6am.
4. We do not care where you launch from as long as you check in at the Captain’s meeting Friday, May6 from 6:30pm-8:30pm, receive a boat number and are in line Saturday by 4:00pm in Port Canaveral. If you are weighing a fish you must return to Port Canaveral by boat and pass by the Committee boat with your boat number. Fishing territory is limited to 50 miles off Port Canaveral. Locks open at 4:00am.
5. No lines in the water prior to 6:00am. (Catching bait prior to 6:00am is allowable.)
6. Weigh in will begin at 2:00pm. (If you do not have a fish to weigh in you do not need to check in.) All fish to be entered must be brought to Rusty’s on the boat on which they were caught, BY WATER, and MUST be at the weigh station or IN LINE before 4:00pm to be eligible. The dock in back of Rusty’s is the designated drop off (no docking please). Fish will only be accepted from this point for weigh-in; a crew member must carry fish to scale. Boat number assigned at Captain’s Meeting must be included when weighing in fish.
7. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to test for freshness any suspect fish submitted for weigh-in. All decisions of the Tournament Committee are final and cannot be challenged.
8. All anglers are responsible for their own safety and determining if the tournament will take place as specified before they depart. Details on checking status of tournament will be discussed at the Captain’s Meeting.
9. In the event of a tie the angler who weighed in their fish first will be declared the winner.
10. All participants presenting entries for prize consideration agree to consent to a lie detector test if so requested by the tournament committee. All fish weighed will be marked, notched upon reaching the scale and time of weigh in noted.
11. The Captain’s Meeting will be held at Rusty’s Seafood, Port Canaveral – 6:30pm-8:30pm, Friday, April 27th. Attendance at the Captain’s Meeting is Mandatory.
12. Minimum weights shall be as follows: Wahoo: 15lbs; Dolphin: 15lbs; Amberjack: 15lbs; King Mackerel: 15lbs. Cobia: Legal minimum applies;
13. All participants in the tournament enter at their own risk. Verizon Wireless, Cox Media Group Inc. and/or all of its officials and members and Tournament Headquarters as well as all tournament sponsors shall be exempt from any liability for loss, damage, negligence, harm or injury suffered by any participants, entrants, boat captains, crew members, vessels, equipment or property which may occur during the tournament.
14. Please NO WAKE in Canaveral Harbor. Anglers are cautioned to allow sufficient time to proceed from the Harbor to the weigh-in station at idle speed. Violations will result in disqualification.
15. In the event a boat fails to make the 4:00pm IN LINE deadline for any reason, it will be considered disqualified from the tournament.
Prizes: 1st 2nd 3rd
Wahoo $2000 $1000 $250
Dolphin $2000 $1000 $250
King Mackerel $2000 $1000 $250
Amberjack $2000 $1000 $250
Cobia $2000 $1000 $250
Go to K92.3 FM’s website for official rules and how to enter.