Categories: Melbourne

62-Year-Old Melbourne Woman Suffers 2nd Degree Burns In House Fire

On November 8, 2011 at approximately 5:46 PM, Melbourne Police Officers and Firefighters responded to 502 Walker Street regarding a structure fire with a burn victim.

The victim’s son came to the house to check on his 62-year-old mother. 

When he entered the home he found his mother lying on the bed.  The bed was engulfed in flames.  She was pulled from the bed and given medical treatment and the fire was extinguished.

The victim received 2nd degree burns to approximately 20% of her body mostly to her arms and chest area. 

As a result of her injuries she was airlifted to Orlando Regional Medical Center. Her condition is listed as serious, but stable.

The fire department is conducting the investigation into this incident. At this time it appears the fire was possibly caused by a lit cigarette.

The victim is identified as Irene Wilson, 62yoa.

Copyright 2011-2023 Brevard Times. All Rights Reserved.  Contact Us   Privacy Policy