To help aid parents in their back to school shopping and free shipping deals for the 2013 school year, BrevardTimes.com has compiled direct links to the 2013 Back to School Sales for Amazon.com, OfficeMax, Sears, JCPenney, Target, Kohl’s, Walmart, Macy’s, and Kmart located at the end of this article.
According to the National Retail Federation’s 2013 Back-to-School Survey conducted by Prosper Insights & Analytics, families with school-age children will spend an average $634.78 on apparel, shoes, supplies and electronics, down from $688.62 last year. Total spending on back-to-school is expected to reach $26.7 billion.
Total back-to-school and back-to-college spending combined will reach $72.5 billion.
“The good news is that consumers are spending, but they are doing so with cost and practicality in mind. Having splurged on their growing children’s needs last year, parents will ask their kids to reuse what they can for the upcoming school season.” said NRF President and CEO Matthew Shay. “As they continue to grapple with the impact of increased payroll taxes, Americans will look to cut corners where they can, but will buy what their kids need. It’s important to note, however, that spending levels are still well above where they were a few years ago.”
$10 Haircuts, $25 Eyeglasses for Kids at jcpenney
While parents shop for new school wardrobes, kids can take advantage of $10 haircuts and $25 eyeglasses to complete their new look. Throughout the month of August, kids ages 12 and under can receive a $10 haircut at all jcp salons, while kids 16 and under can get new eyeglasses for onl
In stores and online, Target offers solutions and on-trend items for making the most of the back-to-school budget, including:
- uStyler: Returning this year at Target.com/college is the popular online tool that allows students to mix and match dorm décor to help curate their own personalized look. Students can design virtual rooms and see how their vision will come to life – from bedding to decorative accents. uStyler allows students to share their designs with roommates and friends through Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
- The Checklist: Also available at Target.com/college and on the Target mobile app, this tool helps students organize and personalize their back-to-college shopping list, taking the guess work out of shopping. The Checklist offers customized product recommendations based on different living situations, and can be printed at home or at a Target registry kiosk. The list can also be shared via Facebook or sent to friends via a mobile device.
- Target REDCard: To make back-to-school and college shopping more affordable, guests who shop with their Target REDCard will receive 5 percent off their entire purchase – plus free shipping online – as part of the ongoing REDCard rewards program.
Walmart unveiled its back-to-school lineup designed to save its customers more money and stress this shopping season. The retailer is promising to help customers ring up the savings by focusing on five key areas this back-to-school season:
- Gimmick-free pricing all season long, including more than 250 school supplies for less than $1,
- Offering the hottest trends in school supplies,
- Launching a new “Teachers Corner” that puts classroom needs in one location,
- Bringing back its online school supply and uniform list database, Classrooms by Walmart, and
- Offering free shipping on uniforms and school supplies purchased on Walmart.com.
“We know that back-to-school shopping costs add up but parents can trust Walmart to keep prices low,” said Duncan Mac Naughton, executive vice president, chief merchandising and marketing officer for Walmart U.S. “This back-to-school season we will sell 42 million boxes of crayons. That’s a lot of crayons, and we’re here to make sure parents and students don’t feel the pinch.”
“At Kmart, we’re helping Shop Your Way members and customers manage their time and money this back to school season through perks, privileges, conveniences and innovative technologies like free layaway, our new Pay in Store service, Free Store Pickup at Kmart locations nationwide and free shipping for members when the product they want isn’t in the store. Shop Your Way members can even earn five percent in rewards points everyday they use their Sears MasterCard® at Kmart,” said Andrew Stein, interim chief marketing officer, Kmart. “All of these money and time saving privileges are available for Kmart back to school customers who join the FREE Shop Your Way membership program.”
Shop Your Way members get free layaway (no service fee)* in-store now through July 20. Starting July 21 through August 3, members receive free layaway (no service fee)**, plus $5 in Points (5,000 Points) to redeem the following week.*** Layaway is available in-store and online, allowing parents the convenience to manage their budgets and make purchases and payments from the privacy of their own home. Shop Your Way Members
With any purchase of $50 or more starting July 21 through Aug. 3, members will receive five dollars in Shop Your Way Reward points.
When Shop Your Way members spend $50 or more while shopping for back to school at Kmart, they can save $0.30 per gallon on gas with a coupon they receive at checkout.
For details, visit www.kmart.com/biggassavings. Plus, members can save an additional $1 per gallon when they purchase $50 of Procter & Gamble items like Tide® detergent or Secret® deodorant July 28 through Aug. 3.
Free Shipping for Back To School 2013 (Details and exclusions apply)
Target is offering free shipping with an order of $50 or more. Offer available online only. Offer applies to purchases of $50 or more of eligible items across all categories. Look for the “Free Shipping When You Spend $50” logo on eligible items.
Amazon.com offers 2-day free shipping for college students when they join Amazon Student.
As part of its 2013 Back to School Sale, Walmart is offering ‘Home Free’ shipping on school uniforms, college essentials, and school supplies with your order of $45 or more.
Macy’s offers an additional 20% off plus free shipping for back to school orders over $99 with Promo Code: SAVE.
Kohl’s offers free standard shipping with a purchase of $75 or more.
Sears offers free shipping over $59 on apparel, fine jewelry, bed, bath, and home.
Links to 2013 Back To School Sales:
Target Back To School 2013 Sales Can Be Found Here.
OfficeMax Back To School 2013 Sales Can Be Found Here.
Amazon Back To School 2013 Sales Can Be Found Here.
Walmart Back To School 2013 Sales Can Be Found Here
Kmart Back To School 2013 Sales Can Be Found Here
ForTeachersOnly.com Back To School 2013 Sales Can Be Found Here.
Sears Back To School 2013 Sales Can Be Found Here.JC Penney Back To School 2013 Sales Can Be Found Here. Kohl’s Back To School 2013 Sales Can Be Found Here.
Macy’s Back To School 2013 Sales Can Be Found Here.