COCOA BEACH, Florida – Amanda Baltimore, a 7th grade science teacher from Cocoa Beach, Fla., will compete in the 2020 JEOPARDY! Teachers Tournament, which begins Monday, May 25.
Taped in early February, this all-new special event features 15 elite K-12 instructors competing for a $100,000 grand prize and a berth in the next edition of the Tournament of Champions.
“This tournament was created because JEOPARDY! is committed to showing appreciation for our teachers, and this year’s edition carries even more significance as educators everywhere face a whole new set of challenges,” said JEOPARDY! host Alex Trebek.
Here is the complete list of 2020 JEOPARDY! Teachers Tournament contestants, in alphabetical order:
– Amanda Baltimore, a 7th grade science teacher from Cocoa Beach, Fla.
– Peter Gouveia, a 7th grade English teacher from Norwalk, Conn.
– Jenna Hall, an 11th and 12th grade English teacher from Seaside, Calif.
– Ben Henri, a 7th-12th grade vocal music teacher from St. Clair Shores, Mich.
– Ivory Johnson, an 11th and 12th grade social studies teacher from Hollandale, Miss.
– Matt Joyal, a 9th-12th grade history teacher from Hampstead, N.H.
– Jong Ho Kim, a 10th-12th grade math teacher from Lombard, Ill.
– Meggie Kwait, a 5th and 6th grade humanities teacher from New York, N.Y.
– Katie LaBarge, a 9th and 10th grade science teacher from Cambridge, Mass.
– Sam Matson, an 11th and 12th grade English teacher from Cookeville, Tenn.
– Anne Pulju, a 10th-12th grade English teacher from Sandy Spring, Md.
– Will Satterwhite, an 8th-12th grade band and choir teacher from Vinton, Va.
– Lauren Schneider Lipton, 9th-12th grade health teacher from Seattle, Wash.
– Allison Thomas, a 7th grade civics teacher from Port St. Lucie, Fla.
– Mary Kate Trausch, a 9th-12th grade science teacher from Vernon Hills, Ill.
To learn more about the tournament, please visit Jeopardy.com. Check local listings for show times and stations.